Information about your organization is used in various places within GiftWorks. Review the information on this page and update any information necessary to accurately reflect your organization’s details.
Basic information about your organization including:
- Name - the legal name of your organization.
- Tax ID - for US based organizations, it will normally be your Employer Identification Number. For those organizations outside the United States, it will be your government issued identification number.
- Acronym - enter an acronym that can be used by GiftWorks to abbreviate your organization’s name.
- Organization Type - choose a type of organization that best reflects your activities.
- Website - the full URL of your website. www.myorganization.org
- Mission Statement - a statement that describes your mission. This phrase can be used as standard text in letters and communication.
- Organization Logo - upload a logo that can be used within GiftWorks for letters and communication.
Provide the current main contact phone number, address, and email address of your organization.
The timezone should be set to the timezone of your organization’s main location. The Reply-To-Email is the email address that is used for emails that are sent out by GiftWorks. If reply emails will be monitored, this should be set to an email address that will be regularly reviewed by someone in your organization. If you do not want reply emails, you should inform your recipients within your email message and set this email address to be something like firstname.lastname@example.org.
Used to control certain actions within GiftWorks related to donations.
- Default Currency - this controls the appearance and formatting of currency within GiftWorks.
- Allow Zero Dollar Donations - this setting determines whether GiftWorks will allow you to enter a donation of zero dollars within GiftWorks. Some organizations want to track in-kind gifts that do not have a specific dollar value associated with it and this setting would allow you to enter this type of gift. Other organizations always want a dollar value associated with the donation regardless of the kind of gift.
- Fiscal Start Date - this is used to define within GiftWorks when the fiscal year begins so that certain calculations or reports can properly determine what should be included in the fiscal year.
These settings control how the volunteer capabilities within GiftWorks function.
Portal URL - this is trailing part of the URL where the public can access your volunteer portal. For example (this is not an actual URL - you are setting the bold part only): www.myvolunteering.com/MyOrgVolunteers
Volunteer Center - displays whether or not your organization has the volunteer portal feature available as part of your subscription. Note: this is for display purposes only and can not be modified.