The basic constituent information can be seen here including the profile type, display name, and contact information (addresses, phones, and emails). Here are some helpful things you can do with the constituent that are found on the left side of the constituent page:
- You can modify the Affiliate setting for this constituent by clicking on the profile icon and checking or unchecking the Affiliate option.
- You can add an image for this constituent by clicking the image box next to the constituent’s name.
- You can add additional addresses, phones, and email addresses by clicking the Add dropdown button and choosing the item you want to add.
- You can add or remove the constituent to one or more mailing lists.
- You can add or remove the constituent to one or more groups.
The core biographical and demographic information about the constituent is visible on the Details tab. Some key information includes:
- Preferred Method can be used to indicate how this constituent would like to be contacted.
- Source indicates how this constituent came to be part of your organization.
- The Salutation information is used as the “Dear _____” for email or printed mail communication. GiftWorks provides you both a formal and informal option.
- The Address information is used as the top address line when creating mailing labels or an address block on communication. GiftWorks provides you both a formal and informal option.
- Professional Details can help you track work or business information for this constituent.
- Contact Type can be used to further identify the kind of constituent you are tracking.
- Your constituent custom fields will also be visible here. You can go to the Settings area to add, modify, or remove your custom fields.
Buttons at the top can be used to add Notes, Donations, and Pledges. You can also Delete this constituent by clicking the Delete button. NOTE: Use caution when deleting constituents. Once deleted, the constituent information will not be able to be recovered. This includes all the gift history, event details, volunteer information, relationships, and activity.