SmartList results are displayed here and the design of the SmartList can be modified to view or display the results in a way to meets your reporting needs.
You can provide a Name and Description for your SmartList which will be used to display in the list of SmartLists. Be sure to use names and descriptions that accurately describe the content and logic of the SmartList you’ve created.
There are three items you can use to define your SmartList. They are:
- Columns - choose which columns you want to be included in your SmartList. Click to view the available columns and you can click on each field name to include them in the SmartList. Clicking multiple times will toggle the field on/off to include them in the SmartList.
- Constraints - set the criteria that is used to define what results are included in the SmartList. Click on the “Add Constraint” button to view the available fields that can be used and then click on the field you want to use to control your SmartList results. Depending on the type of field, you will have different options for setting the field option. For example, if you choose a date field, you will be given the opportunity to choose various date options including a customized date range. If you choose a number field, you will be able to choose some number searching options and enter a number.
- Group By - choose a field that will be used to group the results. For example, if you are producing a list of donations, you may want to group by the constituent name to see each constituent’s donations.
The buttons at the top can be used to work with your SmartLists.
- Save - used to save any SmartList settings or configuration. See note below.
- Save As - used to save the current SmartList as another named SmartList.
- Delete - used to delete a SmartList. This will NOT delete any of the specific records contained in the results of the SmartList. It will only delete the SmartList definition.
- Email - used to send the results of a SmartList by email. This can be used to send an email a single time or can be used to schedule a recurring email.
- Export - used to download a copy of the SmartList in a MIcrosoft Excel, Comma Separated Value (CSV), or PDF format.
- Update Options - used to set some SmartList options including Location and Time Period criteria options and the ability to add the SmartList results to a Mailing List.
Some of these buttons are not visible if you are creating a new SmartList but will be available after you click the Save button the first time.
Note: If you are viewing a “Predefined” SmartList, this means that the SmartList is built into GiftWorks and changes you make can not be saved. You can make temporary changes to a predefined SmartList but in order to save the changes, you will need to click the Save As button and save the SmartList with a new name. You will not see a Save button for predefined SmartLists.