You can add new Individuals, Households, or Organizations to your GiftWorks Cloud database. Organizations can include companies, nonprofits, corporations, and foundations.
To add a Constituent record to your database you will begin by going to the Constituents tab in GiftWorks Cloud. Once there in the upper right hand corner of the screen you will see an Add Constituent button.
Entering Constituent details:
On the third step of adding a Constituent record into GiftWorks Cloud, you will select the profile type for this record. Please note that Household and Organization profiles are not asked for a first, middle or last name fields. The Household and Organization profile types are only able to list a Display Name. When choosing the necessary profile type for your Constituent, the fields will change accordingly.
Entering Donor Contact Information:
The address entered within the Add Constituent profile will be the Primary Address for this Constituent. Once you've entered the address for this Constituent, you will follow by entering an Email Address and Phone Number. You will choose the Email/Phone Type (business, personal, other), whether Permission has been granted to contact via Email or Phone.
After entering your new Constituents details, you will select the Next button to be directed to any Custom Fields you may have entered into your Database followed by the Add Constituents button.
TRACKING ADDITIONAL DONOR INFORMATION
- Formal and Informal Salutation: The salutation fields are used to store information you would typically like to see after the “Dear” in a letter. You can store both formal and informal salutation values for each constituent, which gives you flexibility for different types of communications.
An example of salutations might be “Mr. Smith” for formal and “John” for informal for the donor John Smith.
- Formal and Informal Addressee: The addressee fields are used to store information you would typically like to see at the top of a mailing address (above the address itself). The addressee fields can have up to two lines, so you can put both a contact name and an organization name, for example.
The formal and informal addressee options give you flexibility for addressing letters for different purposes.
- Donor Picture: You can select a picture to be displayed with your constituent's record. It could be a picture of the constituent or a logo for an organization.
- Employment Details: GiftWorks Cloud lets you track the following information regarding a constituents’s employment; Job Title, Profession, Manager, Contact Type, Department, and Assistant.
- Personal Details: You can select to input your constituents personal info such as birthday, marital status, gender and education information.
- Contact Preferences: GiftWorks Cloud tracks a number of contact preferences for each constituent. For email, phone, physical mail and solicitation you can choose whether it is okay to contact the constituent via that method, whether they prefer not to be emailed, called, mailed or solicited, or if they have no preference.
- Development Details: Development Details For each donor, you can track a variety of information relating to your development and cultivation efforts. These include: For each donor, you can track a variety of information relating to your development and cultivation efforts.
These include: Category, Status, Assigned To, Source, Member Since, Renewal Date, Accepts Match, Match Info, Issue Receipts, Receipt Group, Constituent Groups.
- Custom Fields: Each GiftWorks constituent record includes over 40 fields for recording information about that donor, but organizations often want to track other information about their constituents. GiftWorks includes the ability to add custom fields to constituent records. See the Setup section for additional information.