What is a Volunteer? A volunteer is anyone who donates time and work to your organization. In GiftWorks Cloud, a volunteer is a donor to whom you add a volunteer profile.
Adding a volunteer profile to a donor lets you keep track of a variety of information about a volunteer, including:
- Whether the volunteer has been screened (and the screening result)
- The volunteer's current availability
- Current and past jobs the volunteer has done for your organization
- Number of hours the volunteer has worked (and when)
- The volunteer's skills
Creating a Volunteer Profile-
If the person is already listed as a donor:
- Find the donor and select to view the details of said donor. Within the donor profile you were see a list of tabs across the details of that donor, you will select the Volunteering tab and select "Add Volunteer Profile". Doing so will open popup guiding you through the few easy steps to create a volunteer record for this donor.
If the person isn't yet listed as a donor, you can add a Volunteer profile simply by going into the Volunteering section of GiftWorks Cloud:
- Visit the Volunteers section of GiftWorks Cloud and click "Manage Volunteers", and select the blue +Add Volunteer button. Doing so will open popup guiding you through the few easy steps to create a volunteer profile.
Screening a Volunteer-
To screen a volunteer, you must first add a volunteer profile. Then when viewing the profile of an unscreened volunteer, you will see a "Screen Volunteer" located above their availability.
Clicking that button takes you to the screening process, where you can indicate the Screening Result (Accepted or Rejected), Screening Date, User Screening Volunteer, and any notes about the screening. Unscreened or Rejected volunteers cannot be assigned to jobs.
If a volunteer has already been screened, but you need to re-screen the volunteer or change the screening status of the volunteer, there is a "Modify Screening" button of the Volunteer's Profile screen, which allows you to enter new screening information.