Adding an Engagement:
To add an engagement you can perform one of the following two steps
Begin by going to the Volunteering section of GiftWorks Cloud. Once there you will see the following: Manage Volunteers, Manage Engagements, Updating Volunteer Portal, as well as Recent Engagements.
- Click Manage Engagements, and located on the right hand side you will see a button to +Add Engagement. Click that button and a window will appear, proceed with filling out that form and finish by selecting Add Engagement.
- Located next to the Recent Engagements section you will see a plus symbol (+), clicking this will also have a window appear with all the necessary fields allowing you to add an engagement.
- Engagement Name and Description: The name and option description are the basic pieces to help you keep track of this engagement
- Engagement Details: Start and End Date, Status, Type (date specific or ongoing), Skills, Venue Name and Address
- Time Slots: This displays the needed hours for this specific engagement, if volunteers are only needed Monday, Wednesday and Friday you can record this and only log hours for volunteers between those time slots.
- Logged Hours: This lists the total hours recorded for this engagement, along with the volunteers name that completed said hours.
- Skills: These are the skills desired or required by this engagement.
- Share this position publicly: Indicates whether or not this engagement should be shared on your public volunteer portal. If checked, anyone at your volunteer portal will be able to see and sign up for this job.
- Event: Is a wayof relating this job to an event at your organization.
- Skills: This is used to designate what abilities or talents this volunteer can bring or want to bring to their volunteering within your organization.
- Keywords: Provides words or phrases that "tag" the engagement. These keywords can be used to search for engagements.
- Interests: Provides a way to choose categories where the volunteer has an interest in serving. It may include child care, pet safety, community development, crime prevention, and more.
- Manager: This is the person within the organization who is responsible for managing this engagement and it's volunteers.
- Board Position: Indicates whether or not this engagement is a position on your organizations board of directors.
If you have defined custom fields for your Engagements, you will see them listed.
If you have any further questions regarding this process, please reach out to our GiftWorks Cloud Customer Care Team!