You can also use the purchase module for ticket sales. Our system allows you to manage events or meetings that require tickets. We also allow for “zero dollar” participants if you simply want to keep track of who is coming.
Admins can now add items to be purchased by registrants during the enhanced registration process on the event-campaign template. These items may also be purchased after registration.
To add and enable purchase items for your event:
- From the Admin console, go to your event/campaign
- Click on Purchase Items
- If you would like your registrants to see the purchase items during registration and or display in the fundraising hub while they are logged in, check the box for one or both.
- Choose Enabled from the drop down
Click Purchase Items
Step 1 Setup Confirmation Number Settings
Confirmation numbers will be sent to your purchasers upon successful processing.
Tips: Confirmation numbers are required for purchase items to appear as available
- Under Confirmation Number Settings click edit if you wish to include a Prefix, Suffix and/or pre-defined Number Length to your confirmation number. (Optional)
- Under Confirmation Number Block click edit to enter your Starting Number and Ending Number. (Required) You can Also expire a block here or add a new one by selecting Create New Receipt Block.
Step 2 Creating your Purchase Items
Select "Create New Purchase Item" and then define your settings for your purchase item.
- In the Enabled dropdown select Enabled to make this item available for purchase. (If an item sells out, for example, you could set this to Disabled to remove it from the page.)
- Beside Name, type the name you want to call this purchase item internally.
- Under Remaining, type the total quantity available. As items are sold, the system will automatically reduce this number.
- Beside ExportID, type a name that will uniquely identify this item in exported data. We suggest using the same name as in the Name field unless your organization requires another naming convention.
Once you have created your purchase item, select the "Create New Attribute" l to add, name and customize the item’s attributes. On the purchase page, attributes will appear in a drop-down list beside the item’s quantity box.
- Beside Attributes Type type the name you want to call this attribute. This name will appear to your supporters.
- Under Attribute Name type the name you want to call each attribute. This name will appear to your purchasers
- Under Export ID Suffix type a name that will uniquely identify this attribute in exported data.
- Under the “paper”icon, select Enabled for the items you wish to make available.
Tip: The Sort Order can be edited at any time.
Step 3 Creating Display Information
- Beside Title type the name you want to call this item on the event website.
- Beside Short Description type the name you want to call this item on the event website.
- Beside Admin Description use this field if a longer, secondary description is also available.
- Image: Click the Browse button, locate the folder the image is in and click the file name, and then click Open. The path and file name now appear in this field. Use JPG or GIF images about 150 pixels wide by 100 pixels high.
- NOTE: You must hit the button "Add Image" for the image to be uploaded
- Beside Unit Price type the price of the item. If you type a price of zero, be sure to put a check mark beside Verify a price of zero for this item. Otherwise, the system will not accept it.
- Beside Tax Receipt Amount type the amount that is eligible for a tax receipt.
Step 4 Enabling E-cards (Optional)
Under the E-Card Detail section, click the drop down box and choose Enabled, and follow the instructions below
- Beside Card Title, type a name for this card that will identify it in the list of e-cards.
- Beside Default Card Message, type the message that will appear on this card.
- Beside Card Description, type other information as required. This is optional and does not appear to donors or participants.
- Beside Card Image, click Browse and choose an image to appear on the e-card. (The image must be a jpg or gif image with a maximum width of 640 pixels and a maximum height of 480 pixels.
- Beside Card Layout, choose whether to have the card displayed Portrait or Landscape style.
- Check the box that says "I want to allow Participants to upload their own image" if you'd like to allow for that - it is recommended so the card can be even more personalized.
- If you want to preview the card, click Preview.
- Under Ticket Number Settings click Edit if you wish to include a Prefix, pre-defined Number Length and/or Leading Zeroes to your ticket number. (Optional)
- Under Ticket Number Block click Create a New Ticket Block to enter your Starting Number and Ending Number. (Required)
- Choose “Edit E-Ticket Template” on the purchase item to edit the .pdf template that will be attached to the ticket email. Please ensure that your organization and event logos fit into the specified sizing for optimal display.
- Don't forget to choose how many tickets you wish per page
Click Save and then Enabled.
Step 4 Finalizing Business Rules
- Beside Fulfillment Email type the email address of a person(s) who will receive notification that an item has been purchased.
- Beside Max Qty Per Order type the maximum number of items to be purchased per order, if applicable
When purchase items are enabled, an additional step in the registration process will be visible to registrants. The step is called “Merchandise” and appears after “Additional Questions”. Please note: The word Merchandise in the progress bar is not editable.
Please Note: The addition of “Merchandise” as a step in the registration process will increase the progress bar length at the top of the page. Ensure your header and footer images are a minimum 1000px in length.
The following reports have been updated to capture information related to purchases during registration.
New “Total Purchase Amount” column has been added
o The column will be populated when a purchase has been made.
o Total Purchase Amount is now a default column.
The existing Purchase Item Report now includes event data!
Purchase Item (PDF version) can be run for event/campaign event types.
Purchase Item (Excel version) can be run for event/campaign event types.