In this section you will learn how to enable and customize our widgets throughout our Peer to Peer template. Let's Learn
- The scoreboard is not a default and you need to set it up if you want to enable this function.
- You can have up to six different scoreboards to show top fundraisers with the most donations or the most sponsors.
Note: Fundraisers who connect their Facebook account to their registration will have their avatar photo reflect their Facebook Profile Photo
Step 1 Click on Widgets
In the Scoreboard section, click Manage
Step 2 Create Permission Questions
Display Text for Permission Question – Enter the permission question your registrants will see. We have added in default content (as seen below) but feel free to edit to suit your needs. If this is left blank, the question will not appear and by default no permission will be given.
- Top Individuals: requesting permission to publish the registrants own name on the scoreboard.
- Proxy Registrant – Top Individuals: requesting permission to publish the proxy registrants name on the scoreboard. (Register Others)
- Top Teams: requesting permission to publish the teams name on the scoreboard.
- Set opt-in as the default for the scoreboard permission question, put a check mark in this box if you want the default to be that permission is given unless the registrant unchecks the box when registering.
Scoreboard Display Name
- If enabled, registrants are asked to type in a Display Name for the scoreboard on the Additional Information page during the initial registration process.
Tip: Administrators may change a Scoreboard Display Name by editing the registrant or donor’s information under the Relationships tab.
Step 3 Enable Scoreboards
Below Field Name, click the name of the scoreboard you want to set up. (A scoreboard is available for individuals and teams for the event as a whole and individuals and teams for each location. You will need to repeat the setup process for each scoreboard you enabled.)
Next, configure your scoreboard settings.
- Beside Display on Start Page, choose Enabled.
- Beside Total Number of Display Items, choose how many top individuals to show on the scoreboard. You can show up to 100 individuals.
- You can choose the top fundraisers according to the amount raised and can include Verified (includes only donations made online) or Total (includes donations made online and pledged donations).
- You can set your "Anonymous Text" for those who do not want to appear on the scoreboard. We usually recommend "Friend of Charity Name", "Proud Fundraiser",etc.
- Tip: Up to 100 fundraisers can appear on your scoreboard.
- If you are enabling registrants or teams to have a personal web page for the event, you might want to consider adding a donor listing to that page. It causes a list of the donor names and amounts to appear on the registrant’s web page (or team web page) and now the event home page
- You have the option to allow donors to choose whether their name should appear or not. If they choose not to have their name appear, the donation appears anyway with “Anonymous” as the donor and you can customize this label as well
- When registrants enter offline pledges, they can choose to include these donors in the donor listing if they wish.
- You can also choose whether to display verified (paid online or verified by you) or all donations (this includes pledges)
Step 1 Click on Widgets
In the Donor Listing section, click Manage.
Step 2 Enable Donor Listings
First, select which Donor Listings you wish to enable.
- Beside Display Donor Listing on Event Home Page, Location Home Page, Personal Page, and or Team Page, choose Enabled. If you choose Disabled, the scrolling donor list will not appear.
- Beside Display permission questions to Registrant entering pledges, click Enabled if you want to allow registrants who are entering offline pledges to choose whether to allow the donor’s name to appear on the web page. If you choose Disabled, donors who make their donations offline will not be included in the scrolling donor list.
- Below Donor Listing Type, choose whether to include all donations or only verified donations in the scrolling donor list.
Step 3 Customize Permission Questions
Tip: If you are creating a bilingual event, permission questions are required for both languages.
- Beside Donor Listing Name Permission Question, change the text of the default permission question if required.
- Beside Donor Listing Donation Amount Permission Question, change the text of the default permission question if required.
- Beside Set opt-in as the default for Name for the Donor Listing permission question, put a check mark in this box if you want the permission question to be checked. Donors will have to uncheck the box if they do not want their name published.
- Beside Set opt-in as the default for Donation amount for the Donor Listing permission question, put a check mark in this box if you want the permission question to be checked. Donors will have to uncheck the box if they do not want their donation amount published.
- Beside Anonymous Text, type what should appear in the list if the donor has not given permission to publish their name. (e.g., “Friends of [organization name]”)
- Check the box Allow for donors to set their own Donor Listing Name to allow donors to customize what will appear in the scroll.
Tip: Administrators may change a donor's display name by editing the donor’s information under the Relationships tab.
- You can choose to display a fundraising thermometer on the Start/Event Home Page, The Location Home Page, the My Donations page, and the Team page of an event website and on the Donation Form.
- The thermometer graphically shows the funds raised so far.
- It is updated every hour
- Please note that your thermometer will not appear on your event home page if your event does not a Fundraising Goal set in Event Information. Also, thermometers will not appear on Personal or Team Fundraising Pages if a fundraising goal is not set during registration or in their Fundraising Hub.
Step 1 Click on Widgets
In the Thermometer section, click Manage.
Select which pages Thermometer you wish to enable.
You can choose which type of funds to display and on the Personal and Team Pages you can choose your thermometer type
Step 2 Edit Thermometer Style Settings
Here you will want to update all your style settings for all 3 Thermometers
1. Email - displays in fundraiser emails at the bottom - and pulls live data to reflect their current fundraising progressw
2. Basic - displays on the Personal, Team, Corporate Team and Location pages
3. Horizontal - displays on the event home page/start page
In each of the Thermometer Styling pages, you can customize just about everything on the thermometer. You can also preview what the thermometer will look like directly from the page. Be sure to update your colours based on your branding for the event.
This allows you to enable Social Network sharing and Facebook connect, to allow your supporters to share your cause on social media sites. You have several options which include:
- Customizing your "Add this" for social sharing
- Customizing your Twitter Sharing Message
- Customizing your AddThis for Facebook Content and creative
- Facebook Single Sign On, Share and Like
- Facebook Personal Fundraising
The AddThis Settings let donors share your cause on their social media accounts. You can customize the messages that will populate these boxes.
To Enable the AddThis Setting:
- Click Enabled under the Add This Settings section.
- If you have an AddThis account ID, you can enter it here (optional).
Once you have enabled the AddThis setting, you can customize your messages that will be prepopulated when your supporters share your cause on certain social media sites.
Under the section AddThis for Twitter, create a unique message that friends of your supporters will see online. This message will be included along with a link to the page.
Under the section AddThis for Facebook, create a unique message that your supporters will see when this link is shared on Facebook.
Under the Title, add in your organization’s name. Key words like %EventName% or %OrganizationName% will automatically fill in with your event or organization name. No need to do the work yourself! Under the Description, think of a short sentence that will help inspire others to donate to your cause. You can add an image that will appear in this link as well. The recommended image size is 200 x 200 pixels.
Don’t forget to click Save when you are finished!
Additional Facebook Settings.
You have the option of keeping these great Facebook Settings enabled. The descriptions are listed below for you (as well as in the product). To turn this off, select the drop down box "Enabled" and Disable it and click save.
Friendship Powered Fundraising App for Facebook™
Organizations can allow registrants and donors in an event to use the Friendship Powered Fundraising App for Facebook … The first event fundraising app that functions entirely inside Facebook!
Participants using their Facebook accounts to register for an event will now have the option to fundraise with a personal page on Facebook in addition to their existing fundraising page on the FrontStream platform.
Friends or family members choosing to donate through a fundraiser’s page on the Friendship Powered Fundraising App for Facebook will also complete their donations entirely inside Facebook!
The transaction is processed through your organization’s own donation forms and all your donor data is available.
Participants using their Facebook accounts to register for an event can choose to solicit sponsors on their Facebook timeline.
Friends and family can click on the Facebook App personal page link to donate:
The secure donation form pre-populates with information the donor has made accessible to Facebook.
Donations fill the Facebook App personal page timeline!
Fundraisers have quick access to their fundraising pages from the index in the left menu.
Enabling the Friendship Powered Fundraising Facebook App
In the Widgets section, you can enable Facebook Personal Fundraising along with other Social Network Settings.
Click the green + symbol to expand the Facebook Personal Fundraising section to enter organizational and event details.
Download the below guide to learn more about the app!
Click here for our How To guide on setting up your Custom Facebook App if you utilize in North America.
Click here for our How To guide on setting up your Custom Facebook App if you utilize Artez in Australia.
Setting up this feature enables you to link your event websites to your Google Analytics account. This allows you to track information about people who visit your website in order to optimize your Google AdWords.
For example, you can learn the number of visitors, visitor path, conversion rate, and more. You can also learn what kind of browsers your donors are using and see where they are arriving from. This is how your website traffic information might appear on an easy-to-use Google dashboard accessed through www.google.com/analytics.
An elegant notification area on the fundraising welcome page allows your organization to engage with your fundraisers and quickly update them about important stages in your campaign.
Step 1 Click on Widgets
In the Charity Messages section, click Manage.
Step 2 Enter your message
Enter a Title and the body of the message into the Message field. There is a maximum of 500 characters for the message field and a maximum of 90 characters for the Title field.
Specify who you would like you want to display the message. By default the message will be shown to all participants. If you wish to only show the message to specific locations and registration types within your events, uncheck the Show for All Participants checkbox and select the location and registration type that are applicable in your scenario.
Step 3 Editing your charity messages
There is no limit to the number of messages that can be added, but only 5 messages will be shown to the participant while they are logged into the fundraising hub. The 5 messages displayed will be determined based on ranking of the message and Location & Registration type of the participant.
If there are multiple messages the message will display for 10 seconds before scrolling to the next message.
To edit an existing charity message, click on the message header as shown in the screenshot below:
Here is what your fundraisers will see:
Coaching tips are a great way to keep your participants engaged in your fundraising event. When enabled, coaching tips will be displayed to participants in the Fundraising Hub.
Step 1 Click on Widgets
In the Coaching Tips section, click Manage.
Step 2 Check the coaching tip(s) you would like to enable
The following "Default Coaching Tips for Participant" and "Default Coaching Tips for Team" will be available by default
The Coaching Tips are all logic based. They will be displayed to the participant when the participant meets the criteria. For example, if the participant has not sent out any solicitations in 14 or more, when they log into the fundraising console, the Coaching tip will be displayed.
In addition to the default coaching tips, you also have the option to add a Custom Coaching tip. Custom Coaching tips are not logic based and will be displayed to all participants.
Here is what your fundraisers will see: