- Make sure you have Registered and are logged in as a bidder. You also must have a credit card on file to bid. To place a bid, first view an item that is eligible for bidding.
- Type in the desired amount in the bid box.
- Select the type of bidding you would like to use. Not sure? See Types of Bidding for more information on Straight Bids (Exactly this amount) and Proxy Bids (Up to this amount).
- Click "Place Bid".
- Click "Confirm Bid".
You will know right away if you are in the lead, or if another bidder's maximum (proxy) bid was still higher than yours.
If you are in the lead, you will receive an email letting you know if you've been outbid so you can bid again!
What if there is no option to place a bid?
Please check for the following:
- You do not have a credit card on file for your bidder account.
- The item is Live Event only, which indicates the item is only available at the Live Event/Gala.
- The item is a buy it now only, meaning there is no bidding on this item.
- The item or auction online start date has not begun yet.