All bidders are notified when they have not met Reserve so you are not obligated to award the leading bidder the item upon close. (Not sure what a Reserve is? - see What is a Reserve?)
If you decide NOT to award the item to the bidder:
- Click on the “Payment and Email Details” link
- Select No Winner from the Type of Winner drop down menu.
- Award the item as Not Sold.
If you would like to award the item to the bidder, even though it has not met the reserve, you need to reach out to the bidder and make sure that they still want the item for the amount they bid. Find their name under Close Out > Manage Bidders to see their full contact information. If they approve, you can continue with awarding them the item by:
- Click the “Update” button
- Then click the “Award” button.