You have the option to add shipping and/or tax to an item during Close Out
- Go to Close Out > Award Items.
- Next to the item, enter the shipping or tax in the respective Shipping and Tax fields
- The total amount will recalculate
- Click Award
The updated shipping and tax information will appear on the optional Winning Bidder Email that automatically goes out upon awarding an item. It will also appear on your Awarded Items report.
We highly recommend that you let your bidders know that there will be an additional shipping charge. You can add a note in each items' Special Notes section saying the winning bidder will be responsible for additional shipping and handling fees. If you know what the estimated shipping cost will be (for example, you're using a flat rate box), then we recommend you include that amount in the note as well.
- Check with your local Chamber of Commerce regarding taxes on charitable sales.
- For shipping charges, there are shipping calculators available online and on different carriers' websites. For example, if you're using USPS, you can calculate estimates for shipping on your items here: http://postcalc.usps.com/
"I already awarded an item, how do I add shipping or tax now?"
If the item has been awarded but not processed, go to Close Out > Process Payments. Navigate to the desired Winner and click the View Purchases link. You can click the Reopen button for individual items or Reopen All to reopen all items won. This will then send the item(s) back to Close out -> Award Items where you can then add shipping or tax.
If the item has already been awarded and processed, you can use our Quick Sale feature as a workaround to charge tax or shipping. This feature streamlines the process and avoids credit card refund fees.