We highly recommend using our own template for speed and accuracy of entering the data.
However, if you still wish to use your own template, see the instructions below.
Written Instructions below.
To import items using your own file:
- Go to Items > Import Items.
- In the Select CSV File of Items section, click Browse to select your file from your computer.
- If you have a zip file of images, go to Select Zip File with Item Images and click Browse to select the zip file from your computer.
- Click on the Import Items button.
- On the next page, you'll need to match your field names with ours. Select our matching field name from the drop down menu.
- Once you have matched the field names, click "Complete Import."
- You'll receive an email (typically within 15 minutes) to let you know your import is complete. If there are any errors, the email will list all of the errors and how to correct them.
What to do if an item import fails:
Once the import is completed, the system will automatically email you a confirmation to let you know if the files were imported successfully or if it failed. If it failed, the message will include a list of which rows and columns had errors in them. Once you make the corrections, you should go back to Items > Import Items and import the file again.
If some rows succeeded and others failed, you may want to only import the rows that failed again (after making the corrections, of course).
If you're uncertain of what fields are required and how to input information in your spreadsheet, please refer to our Import Items Formatting Guideline requirements.