Step by step instructions and videos for closing your Online to Bid Sheet item auction.
Confirm your Payment Processing Method and Billing Information.
Go to Close Out > Confirm Payment Processor. In this section you'll need to confirm your billing information and your payment processing method. Once you complete this step, you'll be able to proceed with the rest of Close Out.
Edit Your Winning Bidder Email.
Go to Close Out > Winning Bidder Email: In this section you can set up the winning bidder email/purchase confirmation that goes out automatically when you award your items. Use the text boxes to customize the email. Be sure to save your work by clicking on the Save button at the bottom.
Award Your Items.
Go to Close Out > Award Items. Click Select Winner for each item and use the Type of Winner pull down menu to select either:
- Online: If the item sold to the leading online bidder. Once you select them, their information and leading bid will automatically populate.
- Offline: If the item sold to an offline bidder at your Event. You will need enter the winner in the Enter Winner field. See this article for more details.
- Sell Without Assigning: If you collected payment directly from the winner and you don't want to enter live event bidder information. Enter the amount the item sold for.
Then click Award.
Please note: If you've added your live event bidders under Manage Bidders or if the live event winner is registered online for the auction, you can also award the items to them by selecting Offline. The steps to award to an Offline Bidder are below.
How to Award Items to Offline Bidders:
Click Select Winner, use the Type of Winner pull down menu to select Offline. Enter in the winner's name. A drop down menu will appear, select them from the list. Enter the amount the item sold for and then click Award.
Go to Close out > Process Payments: All of the purchases will be bundled by winner (so if someone one 3 items, they'll be listed once with their total purchase). Items that were awarded using "Sell Without Assigning" will be bundled under one Anonymous purchase.
You can confirm the purchases individually by clicking Process next to each of them or you can process all at once by clicking Process All Purchases.
After you process the purchases, the winners' cards will automatically be sent to Stripe, Greater Giving, or iATS for processing. You'll be notified via email if any purchases failed.
If you have any questions about how soon the funds will be deposited in your account, transaction fees, please contact your processor directly:
- Stripe: visit https://support.stripe.com/questions/how-long-does-it-take-for-payments-to-be-transferred-to-my-bank-account
- IATS: 888-955-5455 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greater Giving: 866-269-8151 or email@example.com