One of the best perks of using BiddingForGood is that all of your data is saved and conveniently available anytime you have a live subscription.
In every auction you create, the following is automatically carried over:
Donors and Sponsors
- All your donors and sponsors are carried over and can be found under Donors > View Donors/Sponsors.
- However, any sponsorship information (such as contribution and contribution type) doesn't carry over, so you will need to re-enter that information in the new auction. You can do so under Donors > View Donors/Sponsors > click EDIT.
- Also, see How to Add a Donor to an Existing Item to connect a new item to an existing Donor.
All team members are carried over from auction to auction and can be viewed, edited, and removed under Event > Set Up >Team Members.
Email Lists and Saved Emails
Yes, your email lists carry over from auction to auction. Also, the Auction Participants and Interested Persons lists will automatically include past participants and interested persons, respectively.
Also, you can copy items, emails, and home pages from a previous auction:
To copy a homepage from a previous auction: Go to Event > Homepages and from the "Show Home Pages For" pull down menu, select the past auction from which you want to copy over your homepage. Choose the homepage you want to copy and click the Copy to Current link. Once the page is copied, you'll be taken back to your current auction's Auction Homepages section. Make sure to edit the previous homepage’s details for accurate information summer 2015 > summer 2017 etc.
To copy an email from the previous auction: Go to Promotion > Email > Create an Email, use the pull down menu under Show: to select "Email Messages from past auctions," and click Update list. Select an email and click the Copy to Current link.
To copy an auction item from the previous auction: Go to Items > Copy Past Items. Select an Item and Click the Copy Selected to Current Auction. The item will be placed in the Draft section of your Catalog for further editing.
- COPIED ITEMS - Items that have been copied over will keep the same Bidding Type as the previous auction (Online and Mobile, Online to Bidsheet, etc). If these need to be changed you will need to edit the item's Pricing Details.
- LIVE EVENT DETAILS - If you set another Live Event in the new auction then the Live Event Information (description, venue, etc.) was also carried over from last year. Make edits to the new Live Event under Event > Live Event Dates.
- CONTACT INFO - Did the organization move? New Auction Chair? Double check Your Organization's information by clicking on Account in the upper right corner of the Auction Manager.