The Donor Thank Yous section (under Close Out) allows you to thank your donors via email or snail mail after your auction closes. In this section, you will generate a general "thank you" message to send to your donors. Once you have generated your general thank you message, you will have the option to include specific messages to individual donors.
Here are the steps to generate and send Donor Thank You emails or letters:
- Go to Close Out > Close Your Auction > Donor Thank Yous.
- Fill out the form provided to generate your general donor Thank You message. If you would like to receive a copy of your donor thank you emails, enter the email address to which you want this copy sent. Then edit your main Donor Thank You message and any additional text you would like to include.
- Once you are happy with the main message, click on the Generate Donor Thank You button to save the message and continue to the next step. (Please note that once generated, the overall Donor Thank You message cannot be edited. However, each donor thank you can be individually customized for a more personal touch.)
- On the next page, you'll have the opportunity to send an email to each Donor individually or print it out for mailing.
- To send a Donor an email: select "Send" next to the Donor whose message you would like to send. This will bring you to a page where you can customize the message you will be sending to that specific donor, for example include a salutation, add a separate note, etc. Once you are happy with the message, select "Send Thank You Email" and the email will be sent to your Donor via the email address entered in the “Donor Email Address” field.
- To print out a Donor Thank you Letter: select "Print" next to the Donor's name. This will bring you to a page you can customize the message you will be printing for that specific donor. Once you are happy with the message, select "Generate Thank You Letter" and you the letter will download in Word to your computer for you to print.
5. To review which donors have been thanked, or have not yet been thanked, go to Close Out> Donor Thank Yous, and under the drop down menu labeled "Limit Results To" you will be able to select "All Donors," "Donor's Already Thanked" or "Donors Not Yet Thanked."
Note:If you need to change the Donor Thank You’s you need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to remove and re-enable editing for this feature. Note any donors thanked will still have the original may receive a second thank you after changes are made.