Please note: These steps are for when the first place bidder has either backed out or is no longer the winner of the item. These steps explain how to move to the next bidder in line and award it to them.
In order to award an item to a 2nd (or 3rd, etc) place bidder, the item needs to be in Close Out > Close Your Auction > Award Items.
- If you have already awarded the item to the first place bidder the item will need to be reopened. If you haven't already confirmed/processed the purchase, you can reopen the purchase by going to Close Out > Close Your Auction > Process Payments and click Reopen. That will move the item back to Award Items. If you've already confirmed/processed the purchase, please see this help article on how to proceed.
- Also, contact the second place bidder to make sure they are still interested in the item for the amount that they last bid. You can find their username by looking at the bid history of the item and looking up the username under Reports > Registered Users.
In Close Out > Close Your Auction > Award Items
- Click on Payment & Email Details link by the item.
- Select Online Winner drop down menu to select the second place bidder. Their high bid will automatically populate in the Amount field.
- Add shipping and/or tax if needed and click Award.