So you've gone through the Auction Manager and have set up & adjusted the auction to your liking? Make sure things will go smoothly on opening day by double checking the following:
- Make sure your homepage is created & activated.
Once created and activated, you might wish to show your homepage before the auction goes live via the online bidding dates. For that, See How to Show your Coming Soon Homepage before the Auction starts. It is important to note that activating the homepage does not start the auction. The online bidding dates determine when your auction starts.
- Check your online bidding dates:
Under Event > Online Bidding Dates. Also make sure that the timezone is correct. Your online bidding dates determines when your auction and bidding starts.
- Double check your item types to be sure they are marked correctly. This goes along with step 6, as if you do not have the live event enabled, you will be unable to mark items as online to bid sheet or live event only.
Example: online to mobile, online to bid sheet, live event only etc.
- Make sure you have items in published. Items that are in draft will not show on the homepage. Use the view your auction button in the top right corner below the reports tab to see what your homepage will look like to others. Get an error message when clicking view your auction? This means your homepage is not activated or created. See step 1.
On the homepage, you should see a view all items button to view your published items. If you do not, see this help article.
- If you are selling tickets:
Go to Event > Sell tickets. Under the edit section of your tickets, at the bottom of the page, double check the start and end date/times. Make sure the tickets date/time is correct. The order tickets button will not appear on the homepage unless the ticket start date/time has started.
You also might be interested in the following help article: How to Sell Tickets Before the Auction Opens
- If you have a live event (Gala):
Please check the dates there by doing the following:
Go to Event > Live Event Dates. Make sure everything appears correct. If the live event is not enabled, please email us at email@example.com and Indicate the date, time, name of your Organization & Auction name, and we can add the Live Event for you.
Please also see Understanding Guest Check In and Bidding at Live Events.
- Confirm your payment processor is set up:
Check Close out > confirm payment processor and if it shows it is connected you are set up. You might need to check the box that says: I acknowledge that my payment processor selection for this auction cannot be changed once I click the Save button. Then at the bottom of the page click confirm payment processor settings. See this help article for more information on payment processors.