Production transactions are considered real, live transactions. If a donation is submitted via a Production Donor or Production Campaign, the gift will be submitted for disbursement. Demo transactions are used for testing. If a donation is submitted via a Demo Donor or Demo Campaign, the transaction will not actually go through. Note, however, that the number of demo transactions per campaign is limited. Please contact your administrator for details.
Donations will be considered production transactions with the two exceptions:
- If the campaign is set to demo mode, regardless of the donor’s status, the donation is considered demo.
- If the donor is set to demo, regardless of the campaign status, the donation is considered demo.
The following features are included for transactions made by a Demo Donor:
- Reports and email messages by default select only production donors, but offer filters to select demo donors (beneath by Donor Properties).
- Import specifications have not changed – donors can only be marked as demo via the donor profile page
- Donations made by demo donors will not be included in the pledge bar or statistics.
- Demo donors will see the watermark on the donor site (OPCS) as if the campaign itself were operating in demo mode.