In a Continuous Giving campaign, a donor’s donation and designation distribution information is uploaded into the system via the Donation Import. All pledges are uploaded as unconfirmed pledges and during the pledge process, donors have the option of confirming, editing, or cancelling their pledge.
To set up Continuous Giving with the Donation Import take the following steps:
- Download last year's designation and pledge information from your legacy system or acquire a file from the company.
- Configure the campaign as a workplace campaign, with at least one donor group and website.
- Configure Company Levels and Pay Periods in the associated company.
- Upload the HR (Donor) file to the campaign.
- Configure the Payment Type Option Set to accommodate the Continuous Givers donations.
- Configure the Continuous Giving Option Set with your business rules.
- Include all possible previously designated Agency Codes in your iGuide profiles or OPPS agency list.
- Upload the Continuous Giver information to the campaign with the Donation Upload.
- Notify your Continuous Givers and instruct them on how to confirm their gift.