Each form in the FrontStream system utilizes numerous content pages. In this example, we will review the Event/Campaign Type.
Step 1 Click Content
Tip: All potential content pages are grouped for ease of use.To expand the list of pages, select Expand All or click “+”.
- The list of items on your screen may be different than our example. It depends on the event configuration.
- For access to all the content pages at once without enabling the event settings, click the box besideEnable all pages for editing and hide help icons. This will allow you to edit the content on those pages but does not automatically enable those pages in your event.
- For those pages requiring additional configuration, click the “?” beside the link for more information.
- To help you keep track of what you have changed, “Default” appears beside the pages you have not yet customized. “Custom” will indicate changes have been made.
Mass update content:
- Enter the original content you wish to replace, as well as the replacement content.
- If you want to replace only specific case sensitive instances of original content (“Event”, and not “event”), then ensure that you check off the “Match case” checkbox.
- You will be provided a list of suggested changes and the option to cancel or proceed.
Advanced Language Options:
- To add French language to your event, click French and Add Language.
- All content will need to be customized in English and French.
Step 2 Select a page to Edit and Preview
Edit & Preview can also be referred to as a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get).
Selected content pages will provide you with a Scenario option. Select the dropdown to view what the page will look like in different for scenarios. For example, a donation form has two scenarios:
- Solicited: Displays the donation form as it will appear when donors are sponsoring an individual or team
- Unsolicited: Displays the donation form as it will appear when donors choose a General Donation
Tip: To move to the Previous or Next content page, click the buttons as highlighted below
To edit content in the preview window, simply make your changes directly in the window provided.
The toolbar above the WYSIWYG will allow you to make formatting changes. Simply highlight the content you wish to format and click the appropriate button.
Don’t forget to save your changes.
The toolbar explained:
To hide one of the input fields on the page, move your cursor over the field. When a small floating menu appears, click Hide.
If you want to change whether an input field required or display an error message if the registrant does not fill it in, move your cursor over the field. When a small floating menu appears, click Turn Required On (or Off, as the case may be) or Error Message.
Tip: Many of the top level functions in the Edit and Preview can be found in more detail in the Edit Content and Hidden Items menu options (see below).
Step 3 Edit Content & Hidden Items
The Edit Content and Hidden Items sections provide you with a complete list of potential fields that are displayed on the event pages and a deeper level of configuration access.
In Edit Content you will find additional content fields, as well as fields to enter CSS code for advanced users.
In Hidden Items, items with a check mark are currently displayed fields while items with no check mark are currently hidden fields. For example, to remove the Search a Team link from the home page, uncheck the option below.