You can use a purchase items template to sell physical items (bracelets, t-shirts, cards, etc.), virtual items (clean water for a family, medicine for 10 children, e-cards, etc.), or tickets.
What should you be able to do after completing this course?
- Set up an event
- Explain a purchase process
- Understand how to manage event settings
- Setting up purchase items
- Enable and customize emails
- Customize content pages & website design
Set up a Purchase Items Template
1. Read this how-to article first
2. Try It Yourself: In the backend, create a new Purchase Items template.
Go Through the Purchase Process
Manage Event Settings
1. Enable important settings
2. Try It Yourself: In the backend, enable the settings you want to use for your event.
Create Your First Purchase Item
We provide a set of automated emails with default content which you can customize at any time. Please ensure you've enabled relevant emails for your purchasers, donors and administrators.
TRY IT YOURSELF
Enable all important emails (E.g. Purchase Confirmation, eTicket, Refer a Friend, Thank You - Unsolicited, Tax Receipt emails, Admin Notification emails, etc.)
Update Content Pages and Website Design
First impressions are 94% design related- Users put more emphasis on visual appeal than usability. In this video, you’ll pay particular attention to how you will create a great first impression of your event.
TRY IT YOURSELF
• Add a header image
• Add a background colour or upload a background image
• Update the button colour
• Go to the frontend and check out the updates
Make a Test Purchase
You can set up a zero dollar item to do a test purchase. See if you receive all relevant emails upon making a donation.
Want to learn more? Check these out.
- All Purchase Items template resources
- Email articles
- Content update articles
- Website customization articles
- Setting up survey questions (2min)
- Enabling e-cards for donors making general donations (2 min)
- Enabling monthly donations