Welcome to the 4-Part Peer-to-Peer Event Setup Course!
This Event Setup course is perfect for any administrator who wants to learn how to create a peer-to-peer fundraising event from scratch.
In Lesson 1, you'll learn how to set up an Event/Campaign template- YOU ARE HERE
In Lesson 2, you'll find out how you can customize your participants' registration process
In Lesson 3, you'll learn about all about widgets to improve your user experience
In Lesson 4, you'll learn ins and outs of updating the look and feel of your event website
What should you be able to do after completing this lesson?
First, Get Familiar with Key Terms
- Frontend: User's view
- Backend: Administrator's view (When you're logged in to the Fundraising Pro platform, you're in the backend)
To create a peer-to-peer fundraising event, we need to use an Event/Campaign template. This template allows your supporters to register for your event and fundraise online. (Event examples: walk, run, bike-a-thon, host your own event, etc.)
1. Read this how-to article
2. Try It Yourself: In the backend, create a new Event/Campaign template.
Fundraising Pro system provides a list of basic website settings as it pertains to your event. Please review each option carefully to determine whether you want to enable or disable it for your event.
1. Read descriptions of your event settings
2. Try It Yourself: In the backend, enable the settings you want to use for your event. You can use this checklist to ensure you enable all important settings.
* Click here to learn more about the basics of setting up an event (E.g. Copying an existing event to create a new event, archiving an event, enabling donor option to pay the processing fee,and much more).
Congratulations on completing the first lesson and creating your first event! See you in the next lesson :)