- If you are enabling registrants or teams to have a personal web page for the event, you might want to consider adding a donor listing to that page. It causes a list of the donor names and amounts to appear on the registrant’s web page (or team web page).
- You have the option to allow donors to choose whether their name should appear or not. If they choose not to have their name appear, the donation appears anyway with “Anonymous” as the donor.
- When registrants enter offline pledges, they can choose to include these donors in the donor listing if they wish.
Step 1 Click on Widgets
In the Donor Listing section, click Manage.
Step 2 Enable Donor Listings
First, select which Donor Listings you wish to enable.
- Beside Display Donor Listing on Personal Page/Team Page, choose Enabled. If you choose Disabled, the scrolling donor list will not appear.
- Beside Display permission questions to Registrant entering pledges, click Enabled if you want to allow registrants who are entering offline pledges to choose whether to allow the donor’s name to appear on the web page. If you choose Disabled, donors who make their donations offline will not be included in the scrolling donor list.
- Below Donor Listing Type, choose whether to include all donations or only verified donations in the scrolling donor list.
Step 3 Create Permission Questions
Tip: If you are creating a bilingual event, permission questions are required for both languages.
- Beside Donor Listing Name Permission Question, change the text of the default permission question if required.
- Beside Donor Listing Donation Amount Permission Question, change the text of the default permission question if required.
- Beside Set opt-in as the default for Name for the Donor Listing permission question, put a check mark in this box if you want the permission question to be checked. Donors will have to uncheck the box if they do not want their name published.
- Beside Set opt-in as the default for Donation amount for the Donor Listing permission question, put a check mark in this box if you want the permission question to be checked. Donors will have to uncheck the box if they do not want their donation amount published.
- Beside Anonymous Text, type what should appear in the list if the donor has not given permission to publish their name. (e.g., “Friends of [organization name]”)
- Check the box Allow for donors to set their own Donor Listing Name to allow donors to customize what will appear in the scroll.
Tip: Administrators may change a donor's display name by editing the donor’s information under the Relationships tab.