Tip: At this stage, your Individual Registration Types should be configured.
Step 1 Setting up a Group (Team) Registration Type
Edit the Default Team Type as your first registration type. If you require more, select Create New Registration Type for Groups.
Note: Team types are used to categorize teams. For example, you can set up "Fun Climb" team type and "Endurance Climb" team type to categorize participant teams into two groups.
Result: During the registration process, team captains can choose one of your team types to create a team. If there is only one team type set up, it will not appear to your team captains.
Step 2 Setting up your Business Rules
Tip: If you are not charging a fee, click Next to bypass this page.
If you are planning to charge a registration fee:
- Click the box beside Charge a Registration Fee and enter the amount
- The team fee can only be enabled if team member and team captain individual registration types are free.
If you are planning to offer a lower registration fee for early registrants
- Click the box beside 1st Discount Period and enter the amount
- Select the date that the offer will end
If you are not charging a registration fee, you can choose to apply additional rules to teams that affect their registration status, such as requiring the team to raise a certain amount or to have a minimum number of members:
- If you want registrants to meet all your rules in order to be registered, click either All selected rules. (Teams will need to raise a minimum amount AND have a minimum number of members.)
- If you want registrants to meet at least one of your rules in order to be registered, click either Any selected rule. (Teams will need to raise a minimum amount OR have a minimum number of members.)
- Beside Waive registration fee by raising, type the amount that must be raised.
- Beside Minimum Number of Group Members, type the number of people required.
- If you want to set a maximum number of team members (e.g. for a golfing event), click and type the number of people beside Maximum Number of Team Members.
- If you want to set a default fundraising goal for the team, click and type the amount beside Default Group Goal.
- If you wan donors to be able to search for the team, Click Enable Directory Listing
- If you want each team member to have the same registration status as the team, click Group/Team Status sets Individuals.
- For example, if you enabled a “waive fee” option, all team members on team below the fundraising minimum would have a pending registration status until the minimum amount is collectively raised.
In the Display column, click the box beside each location where the new registration type will be available.
At any time you can re-order your registration types: