Our purchasing technology allows you to sell physical goods (such as teddy bears and coffee mugs), virtual goods (a goat for a poor family in Ethiopia, an incubator for the children’s hospital), or a combination of both.
You can also use the purchase module for ticket sales. Our system allows you to manage events or meetings that require tickets. We also allow for “zero dollar” participants if you simply want to keep track of who is coming.
Click Purchase Items
Tip: Click the “+” symbol to expand the setting areas.
Step 1 Setup Confirmation Number Settings
Confirmation numbers will be sent to your purchasers upon successful processing.
Tips: Confirmation numbers are required for purchase items to appear as available
- Under Confirmation Number Settings click the “paper” icon if you wish to include a Prefix, Suffix and/or pre-defined Number Length to your confirmation number. (Optional)
- Under Confirmation Number Block click the “+” symbol to enter your Starting Number and Ending Number. (Required)
Step 2 Creating your Purchase Items
- In the Enabled dropdown select Enabled to make this item available for purchase. (If an item sells out, for example, you could set this to Disabled to remove it from the page.)
- Beside Name type the name you want to call this purchase item internally.
- Under Remaining type the total quantity available. As items are sold, the system will automatically reduce this number.
- Beside ExportID type a name that will uniquely identify this item in exported data. We suggest using the same name as in the Name field unless your organization requires another naming convention.
- Beside Admin Notes you can type administrative information, if any.
Adding Item Attributes
Once you have created your purchase item, select the “+” symbol to add, name and customize the item’s attributes. On the purchase page, attributes will appear in a drop-down list beside the item’s quantity box.
- Beside Attributes Type type the name you want to call this attribute. This name will appear to your supporters.
- Under Attribute Name type the name you want to call each attribute. This name will appear to your purchasers
- Under Export ID Suffix type a name that will uniquely identify this attribute in exported data.
- Under the “paper”icon, select Enabled for the items you wish to make available.
Tip: The Sort Order can be edited at any time.
Step 3 Creating Display Information
- Beside Title type the name you want to call this item on the event website.
- Beside Short Description type the name you want to call this item on the event website.
- Beside Admin Description use this field if a longer, secondary description is also available.
- Image: Click the Browse button, locate the folder the image is in and click the file name, and then clickOpen. The path and file name now appear in this field. Use JPG or GIF images about 150 pixels wide by 100 pixels high.
- Beside Unit Price type the price of the item. If you type a price of zero, be sure to put a check mark beside Verify a price of zero for this item. Otherwise, the system will not accept it.
- Beside Tax Receipt Amount type the amount that is eligible for a tax receipt.
Step 4 Enabling E-cards (Optional)
- Beside Card Title, type a name for this card that will identify it in the list of e-cards.
- Beside Default Card Message, type the message that will appear on this card.
- Beside Card Description, type other information as required. This is optional and does not appear to donors or participants.
- Beside Card Image, click Browse and choose an image to appear on the e-card. (The image must be a jpg or gif image with a maximum width of 640 pixels and a maximum height of 480 pixels.
- Beside Card Layout, choose whether to have the card displayed Portrait or Landscape style.
- If you want to preview the card, click Preview.
Step 4 Creating an E-Ticket Template (Optional)
- Under Ticket Number Settings click the “paper” icon if you wish to include a Prefix, pre-defined Number Length and/or Leading Zeroes to your ticket number. (Optional)
- Under Ticket Number Block click the “+” symbol to enter your Starting Number and Ending Number. (Required)
- Choose “Edit E-Ticket Template” on the purchase item to edit the .pdf template that will be attached to the ticket email. Please ensure that your organization and event logos fit into the specified sizing for optimal display.
- Don't forget to choose how many tickets you wish per page
Click Save and then Enabled.
Step 4 Finalizing Business Rules
- Beside Fulfillment Email type the email address of a person(s) who will receive notification that an item has been purchased.
- Beside Max Qty Per Order type the maximum number of items to be purchased per order, if applicable
If you have enabled E-cards
- Enable Mass Sending of E-cards(up to maximum of 100 email addresses if you have enabled E-cards and will allow purchasers to mass send.
- Beside Max and Default Qty E-Cards Per Unit type the maximum and the default number of e-cards you will allow purchasers to send per item.