1. Question: When I try to import my import file I get an error message that says “Please ensure the CSV file is in proper format. The ‘ConstituentType’ element is invalid – The value ” is invalid according to its datatype ‘String’ – The Enumeration constraint failed.”
Answer: This error message indicates that the file you imported is in an invalid format. Please ensure the following:
- Your import file is saved as a CSV file type
- You have not deleted or altered any of the column headings in the import template
- All required fields are entered in the format indicated in the Registration Import Fields Explained and/or Donation Import Fields Explained document.
Note: The import is case and character sensitive. Changes to column headings and invalid content format will produce an error message.
2. Question: When I try to import my import file I get an error message that says “Please ensure the CSV file is in proper format. The ‘ExportDate’ element is invalid ….”
Answer: This would indicate that your export date is in the wrong format. Please ensure that all dates indicated in your export are in YYYY-MM-DD format.
3. Question: Excel automatically re-formats the Dates I enter into another format. How do I prevent this?
Answer: Right click the cell you want to edit and then click “Format cells”. Under the Number tab, change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD (as shown below).
4. Question: How do I add a solicited donation?
Answer: When entering the donor information into your import file you have the option to add a solicitor to each donation. To do this, enter the solicitor’s constituent ID under the SolicitorID column.
Tip: You can retrieve the solicitors ID by downloading the Snapshot report (under the reports tab) or by viewing the registrant’s account in the Relationships tab.
5. Question: How do I ensure that my imported donors receive electronic tax receipts?
Answer: To ensure that imported donations receive a tax receipt:
- Enter the donors full address (Including: HomeAddressLine1, HomeCity, HomeProvince, Home PostalCode, HomeCountry)
- Enter the donor’s email address under the HomeEmailAddress column
- Enter “One-Time On-Line” as the DonationType
- Enter “Succeeded” as the DonationStatus
- Ensure that your Tax Receipt emails are enabled