Here are some general instructions to extract data from GiftmakerPro
- Make sure everyone else is logged out of GiftMakerPro
- From one computer log in to GiftMakerPro
- Click on File, Data File Status and make a note of (or print and circle) the location of the Data File Path at the bottom of the page. This is the location of the large .df1 file holding your data. You will need to know the exact location of this file for Step #6.
- Click on File, Campagne Modules, Pro Utilities
- Select the Pro Utilities Library file for your version of GiftMakerPro (if using version 8.4 this should be C:CampagnePro_UtilitiesPro_Utilities_84.lbr) [** Mac Users -- this library file is on "Macintosh hard drive"]
- When prompted to find your datafile, select the datafile you identified in the Data File Path in Step #3
- Click on File, Datafile/Migration Menu (this puts this option on your menu bar)
- Click on Datafile/Migration from the menu bar
- Select "Export All Records"
- Select "Yes"
- The next message will say e.g., "# text files will be created" Select "Yes"
Numerous text files will be created in the same location as the location of your main GiftMakerPro datafile identified in Step #3. This will create a txt file for each table in GiftMaker Pro. Proceed with an import into GiftWorks.