Sharing on Social Media
You can use the Share links on your fundraising page to post to social media sites.
Don't forget email!
To email friends and family:
- Sign in to your account with your email address and password.
- Click Edit next to the page you wish to email.
- Click Send Your Page via Email.
- You can import email addresses from your email provider if you use the following services:
- Any address you have already emailed, as well as those of people who have already donated to one of your FirstGiving pages will already be saved for you in your FirstGiving address book.
- When you've entered all the email addresses you would like to send to, click the I've added all my contacts button.
- This will bring you to a screen with a pre-written email. You can edit this message if you'd like. You can also use the placeholder variables that are on the right-hand side to pull information automatically. These variables are in square brackets and say things like [First Name] and [Event Name]. Wherever you insert one of these, our system will automatically insert the correct text in the email your prospective donors receive. So if you use the [First Name] variable to say "Hello [First Name]," that will fill in the first name of your donor in the email they receive, if that name is on file. If we don't have a first name on file for your donor, don't worry - the variable will come in blank; it won't say [First Name] on the email they receive. When you're done customizing your message, click Send, and the message will go out to all the contacts you have selected.