Removing a Donation from the Donation Receipts queue
In order to remove a donation from the Donation Receipt queue, please follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Donor's profile that gave the gift to your organization.
- Click on the Donation tab of their profile.
- Choose the Donation Details tab
- Click View Gift next to the gift you would like to remove from the Receipt list
- Then click Edit Gift at the bottom of the screen
- Scroll down to the Acknowledgement/Receipt Information section and remove the check from the box next to Issue Receipt for this donation
- Then click Save
The donation will no longer be in the Donation Receipt list.
Removing a SmartList of Donations from the Donation Receipts queue
In order to remove a SmartList of donations from the Donation Receipt queue, please follow the steps below.
- Create a Donation SmartList containing only the Donations you would like to remove from the receipts queue
- While viewing the newly created SmartList, click Run SmartUpdate for list from the left side of the screen.
- Click the link at the top of the screen “back up your GiftWorks database now” and complete the backup
- Choose the “Change receipts settings for received donations” SmartUpdate after the backup is complete and click Next at the bottom of the screen
- Choose “Do Not Issue Receipt” for the Issue Receipt option (there is not a need to change the receipt group unless you want to accomplish this through the SmartUpdate as well)
- Click Change Receipt Settings and click Yes if you understand the question on the screen and want to continue
- When the SmartUpdate is complete, click Finish.
The donations will no longer be in the Donations Receipt queue.