If you are unable to backup your GiftWorks database you can try the following:
- Go to where you have your GiftWorks database file (the .gds file) stored. Right click on the .gds file and create a copy of it in the same location (this will serve as your back up for the time being).
- Go to Settings / Importing, Exporting and Data Management / Manage Your GiftWorks Database / Compact the Database
- You will see an option asking if you want to back up the database before compacting- uncheck this box
- Then click Compact.
- Once the compact is complete (it may take a few minutes), try again to backup the database.
- If this is successful, you can delete the copy of the database file that you created in step 1.