NOTE: If your operating system is Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, disabling UAC fixes this issue.
To resolve the 1327 error, enter the correct value data for the registry key. To do this, follow these steps.
This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.
Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/--How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerShell Folders
- In the right pane, note the values in the Data field of each entry. If any value contains a drive that is not correct for your computer, right-click the entry, type c:my documents in the Value data box, and then click OK.
- Repeat step 4 for each entry whose Data value contains an incorrect drive.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each of the following registry keys: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersion HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerShell Folders HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
- Close Registry Editor. Re-Install GiftWorks