If you happened to install the wrong version of GiftWorks, please follow the steps below to uninstall and then reinstall the correct version:
- Make sure your Database is saved on your desktop or My Documents folder. If you do not know where your database file is currently saved, open GiftWorks (but do not sign in). The database path will be displayed on the sign in screen -this will show you where your database is stored
- Click on your Start Menu. Click on Control Panel. Double Click on Programs (or Programs and Features). Scroll down on the list to find GiftWorks and click on it. Click on Remove/Uninstall.
- If you have Volunteers installed, scroll up on the list to find GiftWorks Volunteers and click on it. Click on Change, then click Next, then choose Remove and follow the rest of the steps.
- If you have Events installed, scroll up on the list to find GiftWorks Events and click on it. Click on Change, then click Next, then choose Remove and follow the rest of the steps.
- Once the Un-installation is complete, Open the Folder Called My Computer / then double click on the C: Drive. Double Click on Program Files (or Program Files (x86). Scroll through the folders there and locate the one called FrontStream ( if you installed 2015) or the one call Mission Research (for 2014). Right click on the folder and choose Delete (You may be asked to confirm the deletion, click Yes or Continue if needed.).
- Now you are ready to Re-install the Program. Go to: http://www.frontstream.com/nonprofit-education/constituent-management/frontstream-crm-downloads/
- Click on the "Download Now" link located under the correct CRM/GiftWorks version. If you also have Volunteers and Events installed please make sure these options are checked when you go through the GiftWorks installation process.
- OpenGiftWorks. Register your Company information. Click "options" next to Database Name, then choose "select an existing database" and browse to where you saved the .gds file and Open it. Then Sign In.