If someone's gmail account is not working with GiftWorks email configuration, use one or both of the solutions below. This is assuming their SMTP settings and gmail credentials are correct.
- Sign into the gmail account
- In the upper right corner click the colored circle with the account holder's first initial and select “My Account”
- Under Sign-in & security click “Device activity & notifications”
- Under “Recently used devices” you should unblock or allow GiftWorks
*If you do not see GiftWorks listed under devices, refer to Solution 2.
- Still under "My Account" > "Device activity & notifications" from solution 1, scroll down to the next section named "Connected apps & sites"
You should then see the option to “Allow less secure apps” and switch the option to “ON”.
The gmail account in question should now successfully configure with GiftWorks.