If you have enabled "enforced fundraising minimums" on your event at the time of set-up, you have the option to charge the credit cards on file. You will be able to review each fundraiser you would like to charge, and the amount to charge them (shortfall amount or less).
This cannot be done until after your event date and fundraising deadline has passed.
Please be assured that no one will be charged without being manually selected through this process. Log in to your admin account and click on the event you wish to work with.
- Sign in & select your event
- You will be brought to the event details page.
- Click the View Participants link
- You will then (once the fundraising deadline has passed) be able to click on the "Charge Shortfalls" button.
- You'll have the opportunity to review each fundraiser, and the shortfall amount (shortfall amount or less) that you wish to charge them.
- Once you have selected all registrants that you would like to charge, you may select the "Charge" button.
In the event that a credit card cannot be processed, an “Enforced Minimum Declined Payment notification” will be sent to the participant. This allows them to make a donation in the amount of their fundraising shortfall to their personal fundraising page. Below you will find a copy of this email.
|Subject||[FirstGiving] Enforced Minimum Declined Payment notification|
|Date Time Sent||10/01/2018 01:28 PM|
To make up the difference for a minimum target amount, a donation of was attempted but failed with your card on file to your page: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/XXX. Please retry your payment here: [LINK TO DONATION FORM POPULATED WITH SHORTFALL AMOUNT]
If you have any questions or need any help just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Raise money for your cause! http://www.firstgiving.com