Until the Smart Bulk Update feature is released in GiftWorks Cloud in Summer 2019, we can offer the following solution to do a mass update to constituents in your GiftWorks Cloud database.
In this scenario, we'd like to update the formal addressee, informal addressee, formal salutation, and informal salutation to household and company constituents in our database.
- Click on Smartlists
- Create a new Constituent Smartlist
- Add the filter for Type: Household AND Company
- Hit Apply
- Add the following columns:
- Display Name
- Formal addressee
- Informal addressee
- Formal salutation
- Informal salutation
- Name the Smartlist and hit Save
- Download as a .csv file
- Open in Excel, and update the information as needed under the formal addressee, informal addressee, formal salutation, and informal salutation columns. Save the spreadsheet when you are finished.
- Go back into GiftWorks Cloud and click Tools
- Click Import Data
- Select the file, and make sure that “yes, this file has column headings” is checked
- Select "Update records only" and ignore the row if not found; this will prevent new constituent profiles from being created from this set of data
- Match the correct columns with the correct mapping field. Keep in mind that Display Name is the connector here; it is the common denominator between the constituent info you have in GW Cloud and the info you are putting in.
- Match the rest of the columns to the right mapping field
- Hit Next and follow the prompts to completion
The constituent information will be updated once the import has completed!