Retracting or cancelling a bid made on an item in your auction is done upon the discretion of your organization. Bidders cannot retract/cancel their own bids.
The Bidders process can be found in this help article: How to Submit a Bid Retraction Request
For instructions on Retracting a Buy Now Purchase, see the following article:
*Note: The bid retraction can only be removed if the item has not yet been awarded and processed. If the item was awarded and processed, please see our help article on how to do a refund.
If the auction is closed:
Go to Close Out > Close Your Auction > Award Items and award the item as Not Sold. Instructions for closing an item as Not Sold.
Or, award to a Second Place Bidder.
If the auction is still open:
To retract a bid, an Auction Administrator needs to follow these steps:
1. Log into the Auction Manager and find the item under Items > Published Items.
2. Click on Bid History next to the item.
3. Click on Request Bid Retraction next to the bid that needs to be removed.
4. Enter any comments on why the bid needs to be retracted (like bid by mistake, or item is being removed).
5. Click on the Request Bid Retraction button.
You will get an automated email confirming that the bid has been retracted when Client Services has completed it.