- Who or what is Frontstream (formerly TRUiST)?
Frontstream (formerly TRUiST) is a leading provider of philanthropic solutions that enable corporations and nonprofit organizations to effectively engage their donors and volunteers with a comprehensive line of products and services. With Frontstream (formerly TRUiST)’s secure technology, corporations and nonprofits manage giving and volunteer campaigns, track donations and volunteer hours, and ensure charitable contributions are processed and distributed to vetted nonprofit organizations. Frontstream (formerly TRUiST) is a wholly owned subsidiary of FrontStream Holdings, Inc.
- Why have I received a check from FrontStream/TRUiST?
FrontStream (formerly TRUiST) is a vendor for multiple workplace employee giving campaigns run across the country. We are responsible for distributing the funds collected during these campaigns to the non-profit organizations that are selected by the employee donors participating in the campaigns. The check that you have received is from an individual donor or donors who have contributed to your organization via their employee giving campaign. The campaigns that we run are all donor driven so you do not need to pre-register to receive donations via Truist.
- What is NPO Connect?
NPO Connect is FrontStream (formerly TRUiST)’s portal designed specifically for nonprofit organizations. It's the home for all the pledge and payment reports for giving campaigns managed by FrontStream (formerly TRUiST) and is also where your organization can provide information updates and sign up for electronic payments.
- How do I set-up a user account for NPO Connect?
If you do not already have an NPO Connect user account, simply navigate back to the login page and click the “Don’t have an account?” link. That will guide you through the sign-up process. For security purposes you will need specific information that comes with a FrontStream (formerly TRUiST) distribution to create your user account. Once your account is created you will only need the username and password that you associate with your account to log in.
- I lost my username and/or password. How do I access the site?
Your username is the email address associated with that account. To get your password re-sent to your email address, navigate back to the login page and click the appropriate link labeled “Forgot Password?” You will then need to confirm some information and have your password emailed to the email address associated with your account.
- How do I change my password?
You can change your password by logging into NPO Connect and navigating to the section marked “My Account”. There, you can click the “Change Password” link and update your login information. Usernames are tied to the email account of the user and cannot be updated. If you have a new email address, please use the “create” button under the “Users” tab to send a registration email to a new email address.
- Is my organization required to comply with any anti-terrorism or anti-fraud regulations?
Yes, Frontstream (formerly TRUiST) provides thorough compliance to anti-terrorism and -fraud regulations according to the US Treasury Department. This includes reviewing all supported organizations against domestic and international “watchlists” of organizations associated with such activities. You or your organization are not required to complete any specific information in support of these efforts at this time, but you will be notified of any changes to this process should that be necessary.
- Can Frontstream (formerly TRUiST) mail my organization’s pledge or distribution information to us?
NPO Connect was built to give nonprofit organizations timely access to their information, accessible at any time of the day or night. This results in lower costs and quicker access and provides better auditing and historical information about the information. Information on pledges and payments is fully exportable as .txt and .csv files, making it easy for you to save the data to your computer and review when your organization needs it. For these reasons, and many more, other means of distributing the information are no longer maintained.
Why can't I see the donor’s name in my report?
To view the donor information associated with a Truist check/EFT deposit that you have received, please use the “payments” tab then the “details” link to the right of the payment in question.
Donors are often given the flexibility to choose whether to release their information or whether to remain anonymous.
If a donor has requested to remain anonymous (or if the donor’s employer has not supplied their information to FrontStream (formerly TRUiST), FrontStream cannot release that information.
Donors who choose to remain anonymous or partially anonymous will show 'Not provided' listed in the relevant column.
- I am a nonprofit located in the United States. Do I need to issue tax receipts for these gifts?
In most cases, receipting is not needed for US organizations receiving funds from FrontStream managed campaigns. We are responsible for providing a tax receipt for donations received by all but the following companies – Discover, Halcon, Piper Jaffray, and US Bank.
- I’m a United Way, where is my Where Raised reporting on the Truist Connect Website?
When attempting to access your organization's Where Raised report on the Truist Connect website, please click on the FrontStream logo in the upper left to get to the home screen, and then use the "-Final" link under the quick links section.
- How do I sign-up for or update my Electronic Funds Transfer and bank account information?
To sign up to receive EFT payments on your organization's Truist Connect account, you must have admin access. If you need admin access to your organization's Truist Connect account, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-687-8505 option #2, option #2, and option #2 a third time.
- If you are an admin, please use the "EFT" tab near the top of the screen to receive Truist payments via direct deposit.
- Once you click the "EFT" tab, please enter the Bank Name, Bank Routing Number, Account Number, and Account Type and fill out the contact information. The email address listed in the "email address" field will receive a notification email every time your organization receives an EFT deposit.
- Click "submit" to finalize the changes. The changes go into effect right away so after the bank information is added, all future payments should be sent via EFT.
- How can I add additional nonprofit locations that I manage to my existing NPO Connect account?
If you receive payments from FrontStream for multiple locations or programs for your organization, you can add those additions to your NPO Connect account by following the instructions below.
- Click on “My Account” on the top right of the page.
- Click on “Add” on the bottom of the page and enter in the Account ID and Access Code for each account you have received a payment for. This will add the accounts under one login.
Once you have added the new account(s) to your access, you can switch between the multiple accounts that you have access to by using the small blue "change" button near the top of the screen.
- I see an old address/EIN/contact/etc. for my organization. How do I update this?
Once you are logged into the site, navigate to “profile” tab to make changes to the information listed for your organization’s account. Please note that you must have admin access in order to access the profile tab and update the information listed for your organization’s account. Using the profile tab, you can update your company’s name, contact information, remittance/distribution information, mission statement, and other data. For security purposes, some fields such as organization name and EIN will require IRS paperwork to be updated. Please contact email@example.com with the appropriate paperwork to update the name or EIN number listed for your organization.
- How can I contact FrontStream support?
You can contact FrontStream support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 800-687-8505 option #2, option #2, then option #2 a third and final time.
- What Is Frontstream (formerly TRUiST)'s address?
11480 Commerce Park Drive
Reston, VA 20191