In 10 quick steps, we'll show you how to create an event landing page for your Peer-to-Peer event. Whether it be a walk-a-thon, run, polar plunge, or otherwise...you'll be ready to fundraise in no time.
To begin you will need to sign in to your account.
How to Create a Peer-to-Peer Event
Step 1: Select the Create Project button.
Step 2: Select the Create Event button, listed under Peer-to-Peer Event.
Step 3: Next, you'll be directed into the event creation form. Here is where you'll enter the details of your event (i.e. event name, date, location, description, etc.)
- Please note that the very ending of the URL for your event will auto-populate from your event name. You'll have the option to edit or adjust this URL. If for any reason the URL is not available this field will be outlined in red. You'll need to choose a new URL ending.
- TIP! This if often the case for annual events with the same name. Please consider adding the year (i.e. Annual Fun Run 2019) to make these URLs unique and to avoid an error.
Step 4: You will then have the option to customize your Fundraising & Team Settings.
Step 5: Next, you will be prompted to customize your registration.
If you wish to have a basic registration where participants will only be prompted to create a page, you'll want to select the following settings:
Collect only basic information & Basic Registration
By selecting Collect only basic information we will only capture the participants first and last name, email address, and mailing address. You will not have the opportunity to ask custom questions, such as "What is your T-shirt Size?", "Are you a returning registrant?", etc.
By selecting Basic Registration fundraisers will be able to register for free and have the ability to create a fundraising page. There will be no option for them to pay a registration fee, and select a specific registration type (i.e. Runner, Walker, Sponsor).
TIP! This event setup is best for general fundraising events such as raising money for a trip, school functions or galas where registration is not required rather than athletic events where registration types are necessary (i.e. Bowl-a-thons, Marathons, etc).
Collect Additional Custom Information & Custom Registration
By selecting Collect Additional Custom Information you'll be able to create questions that each of your participants will answer. You will also have the option to make these questions required.
You will be required to enter a waiver. The message of this waiver is determined by your nonprofit.
By selecting Custom Registration you will have the opportunity to set registration types for your event, such as Runner, Walker, Early Bird, etc. Under the registration type, you will have the ability to set unique registration fees, discount codes, and fundraising minimums.
Step 6: Next to each participant type, you'll have the ability to set discount codes. This can be done by selecting Add a Discount Code.
- Set the code, expiration date, and amount. The key here is to remember that the amount entered is the amount taken off of the registration fee, and not the new amount due.
- TIP! Each code is specific to the participant type. In this example, a participant will only be able to use the code "Run2019" for the 5k Runner, and not the 5k Walker participant type.
Step 7: Set your registration shut off date and event preferences
Step 8: Finally you'll have the ability to create a custom email message. This message will be included in the confirmation email that is sent to each event participant.
- TIP! This feature is a great way to communicate with your participants. Use this to send venue directions, reminders, and other event day information!
Step 9: Once you are happy with your event settings and have completed (at the minimum) all of the required fields go ahead and choose the Save button - located in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Step 10: After you have saved your event, you will want to switch to the Event Editor. This is where you'll create the design of your event page, add photos, videos, and a banner, and further edit your event description.
- To upload a banner, video, photo, you'll want to select the appropriate portion of the page, and then choose to select an image.
- Once you have chosen a photo from your computer you'll be able to preview this photo and choose to either save the image or change it.
- This process is the same for uploading all photos, videos, and banners.
Step 11: When you are ready to publish your event to make it live, select the Publish button. This is found in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. You'll then be redirected into the event information view of your newly created event.
Congratulations! You've just created your Peer-to-Peer event.