If you launch an in-person event and change your plans, transitioning it online couldn’t be easier using BiddingForGood:
- First make sure that you’ve updated the Event > Online Bidding Dates to the desired start and end times for your online auction. This will control when the item is available for auction/purchase.
- Make sure that you’ve created and activated a homepage by going to Event > Homepages and picking either a Classic or Modern homepage for your event. Once you’ve finalized the homepage for the auction, turn on the homepage by clicking on “Activate” and set the date and time for when you would like to turn the homepage on for bidders and guests. This is how they will see your item catalog and information.
- If you’ve already created your items in BiddingForGood, you’ll just need to edit the Item Type under Pricing information by going to Items > Published/Draft Items > Clicking “Edit” next to the item. You’ll then want to choose the “Online and Mobile” item type. This will ensure that the items are available to bid on laptops, desktops, smartphones and tablets.
- For items that you need to add, you’ll want to click on Items > Create Items and complete the items’ description and pricing information. Make sure to choose “Online and Mobile” as the item type so that it is available to bid on from all devices.
- Lastly, make sure that you’ve selected and confirmed the payment processor for this event so that you can charge the winning bidders’ credit cards at the end of your online event.
- Extra** Under Event > Auction Features – you’ll be able to toggle some excellent auction features that will help boost your fundraising effort. For example, bid extension will encourage the bidding war that takes place near the items closing time.
- Also, turn on the Donate Now link to capture direct donations for your event and organization by going under Event > Donate Now.
- To remove the live event information, please contact the support team by submitting a request. We will be able to turn off the section that promotes your live event information. **can only be done by support.