What is GDPR?
- GDPR stands for: General Data Protection Regulations
- GDPR pertains to the laws governing the use of personal data in the European Union and goes into effect on May 25th
- GDPR applies to all companies and organizations that process EU citizen data or transactions
- GDPR requires companies to inform consumers of all the personal data collected about them and how it will be used. Companies must also notify consumers that they may revoke their permission to collect and use that data at any time.
My organization or my software vendor is not in Europe. Why does it matter?
GDPR applies to organizations who:
- Are in ANY country and
- Collect or process information relating to a natural person that is subject to EU regulations
What is personal data?
- IP addresses
- ID numbers
- Biometric identifiers
- Physical or physiological attributes
- Location data
- Medical/health/genetic info
What are the laws about?
The GDPR requires companies to inform individuals about the personal data collected and how it is used. If express permission has been given to collect and use personal information, companies must also notify consumers how they may revoke their permission to collect and use that data.
What do I (the NPO) need to do?
As an employer, organization and/or data controller that may have the ability to process transactions for European Union citizens via FrontStream's platform, you are responsible for maintaining compliance with GDPR. FrontStream has made changes to its platform to help your organization comply with GDPR. We advise all organizations review the legislation to ensure that their internal processes are in compliance. More information can be found on the EU’s website.
FrontStream is here to help! We stay up to date on compliance that impacts organizations, donors and fundraisers.
In the platform there will be 3 changes that effect everyone
- Users will be asked permission questions for how the data they provide will be used.
How do I contact FrontStream regarding its privacy practices?
You can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact Privacy Officer: Donovan Carnegie
Address: 215 Spadina Ave Suite 500, Toronto, ON M5T 2C7, Canada
Post is closed for comments.